NOTE: This post has been updated five times in 2020 in order to remain up to date for the health and safety of our employees and customers.
December 18, 2020
At Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife Control we take the health and safety of our employees and customers very seriously, and we follow the CDC’s guidelines to Covid-19. You can expect our technicians to wear a mask when they interact with customers, but they may take the mask off while they are performing work on the exterior of the home; presuming no one is around. On the interior of a home or business the technician is required to keep the mask on unless the building is vacant. All our employees have been advised to notify their managers/owner immediately if they have been in close contact with someone that has Covid-19 or if they are feeling under the weather.
Employees: If you encounter someone that has tested positive for Covid-19 or you are feeling under the weather, it is a requirement for Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife employees to follow the protocols below.
- If you encountered someone that tested positive, stay home (quarantine). Wait 5 days and get tested for Covid-19. Wait a total of 10 days from that encounter and get a negative test to come back to work.
- If you are feeling under the weather, get a test. You will need a negative test to return to work.
- Under all circumstances, you will be asked to provide a negative test to be eligible to go back to work.
- If you are advised to quarantine by the state through a skip tracer or test positive you are eligible for Covid-19 pay. To be eligible for this pay we need a copy of the skip tracer information or the positive test.
- If you voluntarily take a trip outside of Colorado, we ask that you quarantine for 10 days before returning to work. You will not be eligible for Covid-19 pay under this circumstance unless you fall into the protocols of #4. You will still need to provide a negative test to return to work and you must wait 5 days from the time you return home to take the test. If you can work from home, you are asked to do so, and you will be paid as normal.
The protocols set forth above are under continuous review and as new information emerges from the CDC, protocols are subject to charge to meet new criteria. There may be instances that fall outside of the 5 scenarios above. In such a case, please communicate your individual situation to your manager immediately, and a plan will be constructed with the best up-to-date information provided. Failure to abide by the following protocols and guidelines are subject to written notices and possible terminations. This is a challenging time and we thank you for your cooperation and patience.
To our valued customers: We ask everyone to do their part in socially distancing, staying 6 feet away and wearing a mask when the technician is there during your service. Always wash your hands and wipe down door handles, light switches, and any equipment that may have been compromised during the service process. This is a challenging time and we sincerely thank you for your cooperation and patience.