Are you ready to say hello to a pest-free home? That must be why you’re searching for “ant pest control near me”. Luckily your search brought you to Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife Control. We are Colorado’s only scientific and humane-based pest and wildlife company. If there’s one thing we know well, it’s pests and how to get rid of them. Ants are a pest that can be quite a nuisance, they enter homes and buildings and crawl over countertops, sinks, floors, and bathrooms. When they enter a home they are in search of food and water. Due to their small size, they are difficult to keep out of homes and buildings because they can enter almost anywhere. Thankfully, we are experienced in controlling the ant presence in your home and we are your trusted ant control company.
There are many things that you can do to control an ant infestation in your home or business. Let’s break down the top most important and helpful items that can help guarantee a pest-free space and end your search for “ant pest control near me”.
Top 9 most important tips for ant pest control.
- Know Your Enemy: It’s important to understand the type of ants that are invading your home, as different species require different treatment methods. Carpenter ants, for example, require a different treatment method than sugar ants.
- Clean Up: Ants are attracted to food sources, so it’s essential to keep your home clean and free of crumbs, spills, and other food debris. Be sure to regularly sweep and mop floors, clean countertops, and put away food.
- Seal Entry Points: Ants can enter through the tiniest cracks and crevices, so it’s important to seal any entry points you find. Use caulk or weather stripping to seal gaps around doors and windows, and repair any holes or cracks in your home’s foundation.
- Use Ant Baits: Ant baits can be an effective way to eliminate ant colonies. Be sure to place them in areas where you’ve seen ant activity, and keep them away from children and pets. This is a service we can provide for you.
- Keep Trees and Shrubs Trimmed: Trees and shrubs can provide a bridge for ants to enter your home. Keep them trimmed back from your home to reduce the likelihood of an infestation.
- Keep Your Trash Secure: Ants are attracted to garbage, so it’s important to keep your trash in a secure container with a tight-fitting lid. Make sure to take out the trash regularly, especially if you’ve disposed of food scraps.
- Hire a Professional: DIY methods can leave you frustrated and tired. A pest control company like Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife Control can provide effective ant pest control solutions tailored to your specific needs. We know exactly what to look for and how to treat ant issues. That’s why we are glad you’re searching for a professional like us with “ant pest control near me”.
- Consider Preventative Treatments: If you live in an area prone to ant infestations, consider preventative treatments to keep them at bay. Our team can provide ongoing treatments to help prevent future ant problems.
- Be Patient: Ant pest control can take time, so be patient and don’t get discouraged if you don’t see immediate results. Stick with the treatment plan and trust the professionals to get the job done. If you have an ant service with NOCO Pest and Wildlife Control, you should expect all the ants to disappear within the first week after service. It is very common that immediately after treatment, you might notice a slight increase in ant activity, due to a flushing action of the insecticides used.
Within our region of Colorado, we typically respond to calls for ant service to treat six different kinds of ants. Let’s take a closer look at each kind.
- Pavement ants (Tetramorium caespitum) are by far the most common ant call that we receive. These ants are about 1/10 – 1/16 of an inch long, are dark brown in color, and prefer greasy protein rich foods. They are common indoors and outdoors.
- Field ants (Formica species) are also a very common ant outside the house, and in the garden and tend to migrate to homes during the spring. They are black or reddish brown, 3/16 – 1/3-inch-long and are commonly mistaken for carpenter ants. These ants prefer sweet foods.
- Cornfield ants (Lasius speies) are relatively small ants, < 1/8 of an inch long, light to medium brown in color and will come inside homes and buildings after sweet foods.
- Odorous house ants (Tapinoma sessile) are also small, 1/10 of an inch long, black in color and do not nest inside homes but might come inside after sweet foods.
- Pharaoh ants (Monomorium pharoaensis) are very small ants, 1/12 of an inch long, light brown in color, will nest inside but can frequently move their nests. They are known to split their nests and can create what is called a satellite colony. These ants prefer both sweet and greasy foods.
- Carpenter ants (Camponotus species) are the largest ant in Colorado, ¼ – 3/8-inch-long, black or black with reddish brown thorax. These ants are most commonly found in forested areas, nest and cause damage in wood, and feed on both protein and sweet foods.
Your search for “ant pest control near me” is over! Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife Control can handle all your ant control needs.
Aside from carpenter ants, most ants do not cause damage inside the home or business but they are a true nuisance pest. We are your trusted professionals to help control your ant problem. Our ant treatment will also greatly reduce if not eliminate most of your common insect pests (earwigs, pill bugs, crickets, millipedes, centipedes) and spiders.
Every home and business are different and the conducive conditions that allow ants to thrive vary greatly. Some places might benefit from a single treatment, whereas others might benefit from a preventative service. A customer must look at his or her own personal tolerances towards the insect pest. Some people cannot handle a single insect, versus other people who do not mind living with them. Your technician will guide you through this and help you make the best-informed decision that is best for you and your family or business. You’ve found your top choice in “ant pest control near me’.
Check out our 5-star reviews from happy clients
“Started using Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife Control earlier this year. Very knowledgeable and professional. Great value. Tyler has been a great technician and has gone above and beyond with keeping our house pest free.” -Adam
“Richard was on time, very friendly and professional. He inspected and sprayed both inside & outside my home to get rid of my flying ant invasion. The price was very reasonable and I would highly recommend!” -Susan
Northern Colorado Pest and Wildlife Control provides fast and courteous responses to our customers’ needs. We specialize in a wide range of pest control and wildlife control services. We serve Denver: north to Wyoming including Fort Collins, Eaton, Greeley, Evans, Windsor, Loveland, LaSalle, Johnstown, Milliken, Berthoud, Longmont, Boulder, Louisville, Superior, Lafayette, Thornton, Lakewood, Golden, Westminster, Denver, Aurora and surrounding cities.